Analyse how language features revealed the writer’s purpose in the written text(s).
- teach the reader an idea
- reveal something about a character
- reveal an important symbol
- reveal information about a setting
- foreshadow events to later occur
What is the writer’s purpose?:
- death is not something to be afraid of/ is inevitable
- you can’t delete history/ the power of literature
Symbolism, metaphors, personification, narration, imagery
Death is inevitable and not something to be afraid of
- personification of death and examples through history..grim reaper, greek mythology
- death tries to give meaning to his work
History can never be destroyed.